Gastonia, North Carolina has something for everyone. It offers an eclectic mix of historic landmarks, excellent restaurants, and exciting opportunities to watch enjoy the arts in action. Local sightseeing can be done via a number of beautiful hiking and bike trails.
- George Pappas Liberty Lanes: Enjoy 32 beautiful lanes of bowling at this centrally located hotspot for locals and tourists alike. It can also be pre-booked for corporate parties and birthdays. This bowling center is run by George Pappas, recognized as one of the top 50 bowlers of the past 50 years. These lanes are a lot of fun for large groups, and remain pretty busy on most days.
- Sleepy Poet Antique Mall of Gastonia: Here you will find three floors of sheer antique bliss with a stock that includes well maintained vinyl records, collectibles, farmhouse, vintage clothing, and more. This place has something for just about everyone, and you can even walk over to the Webb Custom Kitchen for an excellent lunch after your valuable grab. No rhyme or reason, just cool stuff. That is what this unique shop is all about.
- Tony’s Ice Cream: This affordable parlor dishes up superb ice cream, milk shakes, burgers and fries. If you are near Franklin Blvd, this is an ideal place to visit. More than 20 flavors of ice creams are on offer. Another great thing about this place is that it serves large portions at a reasonable price.
- Ray’s Country Smokehouse Grill: This small and independent restaurant serves up high quality barbecue daily. You will love the comfortable atmosphere and enjoy soaking up the small town conversations. Their smoked wings and brisket sandwiches are to die for. Courteous service from the knowledgeable and passionate staff here is just the cherry on top.
- Kate’s Skating Rink: One can easily spend any afternoon with the entire family here. Kate’s Skating Rink has three locations. This is also a family operated business, designed to enable the entire family to have fun. Customer service is excellent and the managers are friendly.
- George Poston Park: The mountain bike trail system here is well recognized throughout the US. Descents are pretty short and quick, immediately followed by steep climbs. There are also a number of jumps along the way. Get ready for some heart-pumping adventure.
- Schiele Museum: The Schiele Museum ignites scientific minds and keeps curiosity levels high among visitors. Learn more about the natural world and the stars above at this fun and educational establishment. Staffed by some of the smartest people in our area, you’re sure to learn something every time you walk through the doors.